With regard to the ongoing investigation of Dhammakaya Temple, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs would like to provide the following information:
1. On 15 February 2017, the Prime Minister, Head of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), issued Order No. 5/2560 (2017) on measures regarding the authorization of designated control areas (no-entry zone), namely Dhammakaya Temple and its vicinities, to improve efficiency in carrying out law enforcement.
2. The order is the outcome of a carefully deliberated process by relevant authorities, based on the factual situation whereby the suspects refused to cooperate with legal authorities while attempts to carry out official duties were previously obstructed by the temple's devotees.
3. The order aims to put in place appropriate measures to control certain areas to enable integrated efforts of relevant authorities in searching and bringing those with warrants to justice. It also aims to ensure utmost protection to the lives and properties of innocent people in the designated control areas. Relevant measures will be in place for only a temporary period and enforced proportionately with the situation.
4. The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) and the police are responsible for the operation while military officers are on standby outside the temple's premises.
5. Relevant agencies are carrying out their duties in a prudent and well-considered manner, in line with legal procedures and in accordance with international practices so as to maintain peace and order in the country.
Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand